Friday, February 26, 2010

33 Weeks, And My OB Thinks I Am Funny.

My OB appt today:
Me:  "I can't squat or bend over without getting dizzy and faint."
OB:  "So don't squat or bend over.  Find someone to do it for you."
Me:  "But I want to exercise!"
OB:  "So do it without squatting or bending over."
Me:  "But what about not being able to sleep unless I'm propped up?  With my heart racing and bile coming up and what not..."
OB:  "In another month, you'll be able to sleep however you want."
Me:  "But... *whine*"
OB:  "You're pregnant, and you're 40.  Welcome to the harsh reality of both.  All done?"
Me:  "No magic pill?"
OB:  "*laughing*  See you in two weeks."

My blood pressure was back down to 114/70, which is awesome because it's very close to my starting BP, and nowhere near last week's record high of 146/84.  My anemia is under control (yay!) and even though I'm gaining weight a lot faster than I want to, the OB I saw today didn't seem to think it was too rapid (2 pounds in a week sounds like a LOT, though... when I gained 18 pounds the entire first 30 weeks... but I guess it's better than the 5 pounds I gained in the two weeks between 30 and 32.  Not by much.).  So I'm mollified, but not content - I want my body to do stuff and it doesn't want to cooperate.

But the kiddo is fine - head down (feet usually under ribs) and heartbeat is strong and steady.  So we keep baking.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah oh boy :)

    BTW I bought a Snoogle today.. and I cannot *wait* to try it out ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will LOOOOVE it. I know I'll be using mine even after delivery - not just for nursing, but for propping up in bed, possibly for supporting the kiddo during the first month of sitting up... good investment eh?

    ReplyDelete