Sunday, October 3, 2010

And Now It's October!

But not too October, so I'm okay.

I can't believe I have no idea where the camera is right now, but I'm sure I'll find it tomorrow.  I just had a few minutes to post and BY GOLLY thought, "I better take advantage of this!"  Because otherwise, I may not have the time anytime soon.  So, no pictures, but update!

And, you ask, how IS the little prince?

Smashing.  He's growing so much.  In fact, we'll be needing a new car seat a couple months sooner than I'd anticipated, since his feet are almost at the end of his current one (and that spells trouble).  He is currently wearing mostly 9-month and 12-month -sized clothing and fills my lap when we snuggle.  And he's a good snuggler.

He's also a (very) good eater.  He likes orange vegetables (except carrots, but I think the baby ones we have aren't as sweet as the regular ones, so we will revisit), papaya, mango (when mixed with his cereal; otherwise he's not fond of the texture), avocado (mixed with papaya or cereal), and his brown rice cereal.  On the menu for the coming week we have white pumpkin (slightly different taste), sweet dumpling squash, and kiwi.  Oh, and spinach mixed with something, probably pumpkin since he loves it so much.  Trying new foods is fun!

One of the new foods that we accidentally tried that wasn't so fun was a bit of cream... in Mommy's zucchini soup.  He was watching my spoon like a hawk and drooling, so I thought, "It's zucchini!  Good for little princes everywhere!"  And fed it to him.  And he loved it.

Until the stomach pain began.

So the odds are pretty good that he, like his father, eldest paternal uncle, and eldest sister, is lactose intolerant.  There's an off chance that his stomach simply wasn't ready for dairy, but honestly, that's a long shot in my book, with his family history.  If we're lucky, at some point he'll be able to tolerate yogurt and cheese, and if not, well... there's goat's milk and Lactaid.

What else... he seems to be suffering from a touch of reflux, which he will likely outgrow.  But he has this wheezing thing he does and he also still spits up a little bit right before meal times (which is a sign of active stomach acid).  And his pediatrician said, "It's likely aggravated by those two teeth coming in."

Say what?

But yes.  He finally is cutting teeth and, in true Ivan fashion, doing two at a time.  His bottom front ones.  They're not out yet, and we can't really take pictures because every time we try to get him to open his mouth he licks our fingers or sticks his tongue out and covers the little darlings.  But when he is upset (meaning, screaming his head off), you can totally see that the gums are swollen, white, and the right one is almost completely through. 

Very exciting. 

Although I do love his little toothless grin.  And I'm not really ready for him to be so grown up.  But time waits for no mommy.

Arthritis is starting to get the best of me, so I will close here with a promise of more pictures forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment