Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Three Weeks.



Savannah said, "It's hard to believe he's almost a month old."  I panicked.  He's still so brand new to me!  And yet, because he's so big, it's hard to remember he's just a newborn.  He holds his head up all the time, and even stands up (with help and support, I promise) on his strong little legs.

Even more impressive, he's a very chill baby for the most part.  Oh, sure - he wants to be held to sleep during the day, and he hates a wet diaper.  And he hates having his diaper changed.  And he gets angry if his meals are late.  But right now he's sitting in his little chair next to my desk, just looking around and munching on his pacifier (the alternative being his hands, we choose to binkify).





How sweet is this?

At his last appointment, Ivan Jr was 10 pounds, 2 ounces.  He is now bigger - I'll get a new weight on the 19th.

He is looking around even more, with great big blue eyes which I shall endeavor to memorialize in pictures soon.  It's just really hard when I'm the one holding him to get a picture, without him deciding that right when I'm about to hit the button is when he wants to lurch out of my arms.  Stubborn scary baby has not changed one bit.

All is well, if hectic, and the house is in disrepair.  But every day I feel better about getting our routine down, and sooner or later I'll get some housework done.  If anyone wants to hire me a housekeeping service for my birthday/anniversary/Christmas, I'll be eternally grateful.

Since it's now almost Week 4 I will post this... and then go reclaim the little prince from his big sister Van, who has been babysitting to let me make some business calls and catch up on the cyberworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment