Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Two Weeks and a Smidge.

My very dear son,

Today was our second full day alone together while Daddy went to work.  And I must say, you were admirable.  No projectile poo, no peeing the moment I took the diaper off, you ate well, and you slept well.  My hearty thanks for a day well done.  I didn't accomplish much, but that's okay.  We enjoyed our time together.

Tomorrow I get to figure out how to bathe a baby both squirmier and larger than I'd anticipated when I naively did not buy a reclining portable tub because I figured I could bathe you in the sink or in the little dish tub I've had for a year that looked like it would hold a cute little bottom.  Sadly, your legs are too long for it and you do not cooperate when asked to sit cross-legged.

That's okay.

You are such a delight to me - you are very alert for long stretches of time and make very entertaining faces that are, of course, gone by the time I can get the camera out, turned on, and aimed in your direction.  You are a generally calm baby, as long as your diaper isn't being changed.  You've even figured out that food will arrive, and no longer cry if it takes me longer than a nanosecond to provide it.

You do make alarming noises of the wheezing and other respiratory kind, and if Dr. Wilson weren't so reassuring, I'd be worried.  I suppose a noisy baby is a breathing baby and that's a good thing, but hey - I worry.

Now if I could just convince you that it's really okay to poo in a wet diaper.  I know you prefer to wait until I have removed the wet diaper and replaced it with a dry, clean one.  I'm not sure why.  I, of course, would prefer the less laundry-intensive option of getting it all done and over with in one diaper change... not to mention that since you don't like to hold still for diaper changes, we'd both be a lot happier with fewer of them.  And you'd get your feeding a lot sooner that way too.

I just mention it for your consideration. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment