Monday, September 7, 2009

My Ass Is Killing Me.

Actually, today it's a lot better, but I told Ivan this would be the title of my next blog post.

I guess it was Saturday night (my days and nights are kinda blurry right now because my sleep schedule is out of whack) that I decided to go downstairs to refill my water.  I didn't turn the light on before I started my descent, and I stepped on a dog toy, which promptly rolled out from under me... as did my left foot.  I landed on my ass three steps down.

Everything seems to be okay; and since it happened on the weekend, and I don't have cramps or bleeding, and aside from a bruised buttock seem to be fine, I haven't run in a panic to my clinic or the ER.  I will call them tomorrow since I already was planning to ask about getting flu shots and if so, which.

I know exactly how lucky I am.  I took a header down those steps a few years ago and ended up with a badly sprained ankle and a bruised tailbone.  This time wasn't nearly as bad, but it could have been.  The precise moment after it happened my stomach flipped in a horribly shocked way and I kept apologizing to Ivan while sobbing my eyes out.  It wasn't the pain, it was the thought of something as stupid as a dog toy undoing our months of work.  Something as stupid as me not turning on the hall light before going down the steps.

So between that and my vertigo whenever I look down a flight of stairs, I'm now turning on lights and moving very carefully when I descend.  And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Otherwise, the nausea is coming and going, although it's been coming a lot less frequently, which is very nice.  The aforementioned fatigue and vertigo are still with me, though.  Even though my blood pressure was fine at our visit, I keep getting a thumping in my head and mild dizziness when I go UP the stairs.  I understand that this is normal; my body is currently increasing my blood volume so that's going to play havoc with my blood pressure.  I just would like it to STOP so I can get back to living.

So apparently you can rent doppler machines that let you hear the baby's heartbeat.  How cool is that?  There are several different companies available, all with pretty much the same rental agreement terms and fees.  I'm kinda kicking around the idea of renting one for Ivan.  He's already patting my tummy and grinning fatuously; how much more adorable would he be if he could hear the little guy swimming around in there?

2 comments:

  1. Certainly just the most beautiful baby!! Glad to hear the nausea is better, and hope there have been no difficulties from the fall. Is peanut butter good on cantelope??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter ON cantaloupe... the one combination I hadn't tried! Argh! Well, I'm out of that stage now, and it's mandarin oranges this week. Now if I can only get back into veggies, I'll be so happy...

    ReplyDelete