Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sick Family = No Posting.

And precious few pictures, which I've linked on Facebook.  There will be more as we get back into our groove.

Of course, I compounded that nasty stomach bug by losing my mind and having a healthy (heh) spray of Reddi-Whip on a dessert I'd made to celebrate being able to eat again... which poisoned The Boy.  Yep, finally got the memo - no liquid dairy of any sort, whatsoever.  I've also cut out butter unless it's cooked, and soft cheeses.  If I must give them up, I will, but they don't seem to do the damage the liquid stuff does.  So it's non-dairy creamer and Cool Whip for me.

This means he hasn't had much of an appetite, although we're getting back to good.  I am mortified to announce he prefers Tyler Florence's Sprout Baby Food pureed vegetables to mine.  He loves their fruit too, but at least he'll still eat mine.  Peas and green beans, no go.  I don't know if it's the texture, superior product, very nicely integrated herbs like mint (in the peas) and spices like cinnamon (in the squash and sweet potatoes), or just that my veg purees suck - but he loves the Sprout offerings, and doesn't want my pureed peas no mo'.

My banana bread is a different story, very much one of his favorite foods, so I don't feel too rejected.

We're doing more cruising and going back and forth between people and furniture, and although he's still inching instead of crawling, he's moving his legs independently more often.  This is good!  I'm trying to get down and crawl with him while we play so that he sees more crawling; since he's the only baby at his Mother's Morning Out program, he's with toddlers that are past the crawling stage and thus, doesn't see much of anyone else doing it.  I do what I must.

Hark, he awakens - after a day of no naps yesterday, and getting up once last night, I hope we can find our rhythm again today.  It feels like Spring outside, so I think we'll go celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Been wondering where you've been, mama. Then I vaguely remembered you saying something about everyone being sick. THEN I remembered even longer back you saying you had a blog. So hark! I have found it!! :-)
    Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. Feel free to text or call if you're bored enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lissa! Will text now that I haz my phone back! Luff!

    ReplyDelete