Friday, April 9, 2010

A Loss, A Gain, And My OB Hates Flip Flops.

Thursday's pelvic exam went much more serenely.  I lost a pound and a half, which everyone assures me is a good sign for incipient labor... now if I could share that info with the kiddo so he'd get a move on...

I am half a cm further dilated so that's considered progress (a gain!).  I have been having little "practice" contractions (as I like to think of them) but nothing alarming as of yet.

Dr. Smith did look with disapproval on the only shoes that I could wear to my appointment... a pair of flip flops.  My feet are just so swollen that I can't stuff 'em in anything else.  Except my bedroom slippers.  Which I would have worn were it not raining.

So she sent me off to buy compression stockings (which feel great on my feet but not so fun where the elastic hits my calves... it's TIGHT) and I'm about to try on my Asics for the first time in two weeks, since I need to take advantage of the weekday slowness to go buy some more baby clothes... since I haven't bought much and now we're down to a matter of days.  Four, to be exact.  If kiddo cooperates.

And he better, because my appointment next Thursday is with Dr. Grillo again.

No comments:

Post a Comment