Thursday, April 1, 2010

Progress, Week 38 Appointment.

I'm making a second post in one week, I know.  But I wanted to keep track of where I'm at in case we don't have a week 40 post, since it's remotely possible that we won't.  Not probable, per se, because that would be Stubborn Baby cooperating with Mama.  And we all know he doesn't like to do that.  At this point I'm only sure of one thing.
 
Dr. Grillo has freakin' huge hands.

But... I'm 1.5cm dilated, 70% effaced, and kiddo is at 0 station, head down and facing my back.  I'm having contractions but they're not constant or productive and only about one an hour.

I'm now also cramping like whoa and worn out, thanks to said huge hands and a sensitive cervix.

But!  Dr. Grillo is pleased because we are making progress and right on schedule, and Ivan Jr is in great position.

Thanks to me having babies in different centuries, we have no idea how this will go... fast labor, slow labor, walking around for a week or two dilated to 4cm... who knows?  Only the kiddo.  Apparently my previous experiences don't count since there has been such an interval between births, and let's be honest - every birth is different.

But it feels right to think, "Soon."

We'll see.  Right now a nice relaxing bath is in order.  Peace out, A-town down.

No comments:

Post a Comment