Monday, August 24, 2009

The Circle of Life (Reposted)

It is really interesting how things happen.

In a house full of chaos alternating between the joyful welcome of my house guest and good friend Daniel, and the shock and grief of losing Sonia, I missed my period.

At first I chalked it up to stress and the change in lifestyle (eating better, working out as close to daily as possible). But when someone lit up a cigarette at the viewing and I wanted to hurl, I kinda started to put it together.

I stopped by the drugstore on the way home. Ten minutes and two little pink lines later, I had my answer.

Tomorrow I go to the doctor for the official answer.

I can't help but think that Sonia was my age when she found out she was pregnant with her youngest.

I'm a bit scared, kinda waiting to be elated until I see the doctor. I know I won't breathe easily until I see an ultrasound.

And it doesn't feel right just yet to celebrate, even though I know Sonia would have wanted me to.

I think I'll go for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment